“Having had a parent in prison, I know the shame that can be felt and how important it is we create opportunities for young people to connect, heal and share their stories.” – April Long
- Young people’s voices matter. We know this at SHINE and so we have established our Youth Advisory Council to ensure we continue to be guided by lived experience.
- We want to give young people with a family member affected by the justice system the opportunity to advocate on behalf of others and develop their leadership skills.
- Our Youth Advisory Council will provide advice and recommendations on the issues that affect them and develop youth-led, community-based strategies in response to those issues.
- We will provide members career advancement training and leadership development opportunities.
- The Youth Advisory Council is currently seeking applications from young people between the ages of 18 and 25 from across Australia.
Help us reach more young people who want to make their voice heard and share!
💛 Information on our website: https://lnkd.in/gAVmBz9
Add to Calendar 03/02/22 12/31/22 Australia/Sydney Shine for Kids
“Having had a parent in prison, I know the shame that can be felt and how important it is we create opportunities for young people to connect, heal and share their stories.” – April Long Young people’s voices matter. We…